The Hornbeam Bakers Collective is looking for someone to help us run the cafe aspect of the Fermentarium, our newly-opened bakery which services the Blackhorse Workshop in Walthamstow. The work will involve creating an imaginative menu of mostly vegan and some vegetarian light meals, snacks and drinks which utilises our baked and other items and helping to run events and some external catering.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience running a cafe or catering operation
- Enjoys experimenting and developing new flavour combinations
- Is happy sharing an underdeveloped kitchen space with a bunch of bakers
- Shares our values of encouraging community baking and food
Please note, this is neither a paid role or a volunteer role but a business opportunity that would require you to be registered as self-employed. It is temporary to begin with but has the potential to grow and continue. To start from 1st March.
If you are interested please write to us at email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Monday 24th February 2014, 12 noon.
To apply please answer the following questions:
- What is your experience of running or working in a cafe or catering operation?
- What attracts you to this opportunity?
- What is your availability and flexibility in regards to time?
- How do you think we could develop the cafe and make it a sustainable operation?